Refunds on club orders are different than your standard orders placed on your website. This is because we're refunding on a saved credit card on the Authorize.net payment gateway. Shopify doesn't provide us a way to directly refund on saved cards for security reason. We're working on building a club refund feature that you'll use in the Bloom app.
To refund a club order:
- Log into your Authorize.net gateway account
- Check if the transaction has settled by searching for the transaction.
- If it hasn’t settled, you can void it before the batch closes. The customer will never see the charge.
- If the batch has closed and the payment was settled, click on the transaction ID, and give them a refund.
- Note that shipping is taxable, so if it’s just a shipping refund, then you should calculate the tax and add it.
- Then to ensure the order in Shopify is updated, find the Shopify order and refund it with the same values you entered into Authorize.net.
- You're done. If you entered the correct amounts in Authorize.net and Shopify, then everything should reconcile.
Details on refunding orders in Authorize.net can be found in here